After a nearly 4 year (eek!) break from the world of working, I am going back to school! As the teacher this time. With the boys starting school this year, I decided to turn my passion for education into employment. I am actually a certified TESOL teacher already. But, by using this to teach my preferred age group (early years/primary) I am also taking my first steps towards QTS (another topic for another blog). But for now, I am going from a home educating SAHM to a working teacher mum and I can tell already there are at least 5 SAHM things I’m going to miss.
5 SAHM things I’m going to miss:
- Late starts to the morning (with no school & no work, we could wake up whenever we wanted!)
- Lunch dates (with the boys and/or with friends)
- Drinking an endless amount of tea, all day everyday
- Back to back Netflix marathons (so long K-dramas)
- Taking my time to organise life
Of course I will miss my children, but they’re not things – they are people (last I checked). Have you switched from working to staying at home or vice versa? What do/did you miss?