When you hear the phrase ‘not like other mums’ what does that make you think of? Maybe you think of yourself, or you picture somebody in particular. If you’re not sure, check out my list of ways I’m not like other mums, and maybe you aren’t either.
The ‘I’m Not Like Other Mums’ Checklist:
- Every decision you make is the best decision for YOUR family.
- You will do whatever it takes to make your kid smile.
- Every day is scheduled around your family.
- You have found yourself saying on more than one occasion: “I’m not [friend’s name]’s mum, I am your mum and I say…”.
- You love your children the only way you can, and they wouldn’t change you for the world.
Probably not the list you were expecting, right? Well of course not. You’re not going to be like other mums, because you are the mum that you are today. Maybe you’re trying to be a better version of yourself, whatever that looks like to you. But nobody knows your child better than you, nobody can love your child better than you can.
As part of my positivity pledge to create a diverse, supportive, non-judgemental community I encourage us to celebrate what makes us ‘not like other mums’. Join my parenthood community on Facebook to learn more.
Don’t forget to check out our latest blogs and podcast where I review a Parenting YouTube video!
- 10 Days in Morocco (with Kids): Road Trip
- Kids Corner: Which Shape is the Strongest?
- Learning More About Shapes
- Learning About Shapes
- The Ultimate Birthday Gift for Kids